Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pseudologia Fantastica Part 2

Hello folks! This is Part 2.
To view Part 1 click here
PS--- This is Sonal posting on behalf of Remya as her dinosaur computer has conveniently crashed for the second time in the past two months.




______________________________________________ 

Okay.


What is the game I ask

I say something I feel. And you tell me something you feel
Okay
You start he says

Its a beautiful day today
I love your dimple
I like men with abs Rohan had abs
I don't think Rohan had abs

I stop and raise my eyebrow
I thought we were playing the game I interject.
We are he says You said something you wanted to say and I said something I wanted to say
But you are insulting his memory I exclaim I love him
I'm sure you do Achyut says but its something I feel and you cannot do anything about it so lets continue.
I don't think I want to I reply in an uncertain manner
Fine he says. Lets make a deal if you win this game I let you go
My eyes widen Im happy I can't believe it
Are you serious I ask 
Yes dead serious Your turn.


I think you can be very insulting
I think you're a very talented woman.
I smile. I loved today's breakfast it was good
McKenna's Gold was the first movie I ever saw
I find McKenna's Gold the most boring movie ever
I don't think your mother was a designer I think she was a teacher
My heart stops but I continue I get out if I win
She is not. She is a designer
2 is my favorite number
5 is mine.
I dont think your dad was in Merchant Navy I think he was a lecturer in the Asian College of Journalism.
He is not . My voice fails me. It cracks. My heart thuds heavily against my chest Continue I coach myself
I support Chelsea
I'm very fond of Arshavin
Your sister Sam wasn't a doctor she was a stay at home mom
She WASN'T I scream
I think you need to lower your tone
I love oysters OYSTERS ARE MY FAVOURITE I panic
Sam didn't marry Tony Tony was her friend She married Dev.
My heart hurts I press my hand on my chest It's burning

Are you okay he asks
I nod and gulp the pain down. Need To Get Out. Of here.

My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. 
My favorite animal is Cheetah it is fast he says
I find birds incredibly boring
Your parents were nice people They never hurt a hair on you
THEY DID I spit out
Sam always loved to give you all the attention. You were the star child.
I WASN'T THEY HATED ME THATS WHY THEY LEFT ME
Nobody left anybody, he replies calmly. 
Now the tears begin to fall. My cheeks hurt they sear in pain my eyes burn.

NO! All of them left me
They would have wanted you to live happily
THEY LEFT ME I screamed through the room.
When Pink Floyd wrote Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Syd Barrett on whom it was loosely based walked into the recording studio.
They left me I sob.
They didnt. Neither did your friends. You left your friends. Dido's actual name is Florian de Cloud.
I DIDN'T! They didn't listen to me anymore. They accused me of being something I wasn't. I cry.
I know who Renee is.I know what happened to her.
I stop. My world stops.I walk to the window and speak
You don't I say quietly.
I do.
NOBODY DOES.I hiss.
Everybody does.
I am silent. I feel the rage cursing through my veins.
You lie I say quietly.
I don't. Rohan never existed in your life. Rohan was a teenage fantasy. He's a good guy He's happy now. He is married to a nice girl they have two kids
No.
I spoke to them
No.
I'm your doctor, I have never met you before. Why do you make up stories about us he asks.
I dont. I turn my eyes burning. I spit at him again.You met me in Goa 2016 New Year's. YOU UNGRATEFUL WRETCH
I have never been to Goa.
YOU HAVE I scream. YOU WERE THERE
There are no records of Anahita and Alicia in Norway. They don't exist do they?
Your sister had never visited Mumbai in her life.
YOU NEED TO STOP SPEAKING ABOUT THEM IN PAST TENSE. STOP IT.
It's okay, he soothes me. 
I'm angry. I pick a plant on his desk. It is inside a champagne bottle. I draw the plant out One quick movement and it crumples in my hands. He sits behind me on his chair he hasn't moved till now He watches me I have my back to him. He cannot see the plant dying

You need to stop saying they left you. He says calmly. He still watches me
I don't respond.
They died in a car crash you need to stop saying that they left you.
I turn to him my face contorted with tears.
They did they leave me alone alone.
I checked. Asian College of Journalism does not have records of you studying there. Symbiosis Law Faculty does. Why do you lie he asks
I look up anxiously The tears feeze Did you ask for Swati?
No I didn't. I asked for you.
I look at him confused I don't understand.I say
I said asked for you, Renee. There is no need to lie anymore Your friends love you They want to help you

What did you say. my voice has split. I have a strange voice now There is a high pitched sound and there is a low pitch voice that merge together I sound like an animal.
I feel the stress on my face It hurts.

I said you don't have to lie Renee, there are people willing to help you.
My eyes flash.NO I DONT I snarl
I grab the champagne bottle smash it on the table and I see his startled look, the fear in his eyes as I dart forward- rage blazing in every pore of my body and feel the sharp broken glass of champagne bottle enter his heart His ribs block me and I push the glass harder into him.I feel his flesh give way to the glass softly. His eyes widen he coughs blood. 
Please he whispers don't.
I don't lie I hiss at him I feel the fire in my eyes Feel the animal pleasure in watching him in pain
His head is on the couch facing the ceiling I watch the life leave his eyes.
It is all over within seconds 
I crumple in a heap onto the floor and cry,
I cry
I cry
I cry for a long time
And I cry.
I hug my sides and I cry.
I don't lie I whisper. 
I weep on to the carpet my saliva trailing on the floor as I drag my body out of the room towards the door. I don't lie I don't. I don't.
The blood has soaked through the sofa whole carpet and my clothes. And the blood is soaking my hands. And blood is sprayed across my face.
I don't lie.
I don't.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name- Renee Desilva
Patient ID 5462
Doctor- Achyut Vardhan
Diagnosis- Pseudologia Fantastica/ Mythomania.
Cause- aggravated following the death of family members. Uses fake identity, credentials of acquaintances and merges into her personality.
Doctor's remark- Official Summary


WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE

Pathological lying or Mythomania or Pseudologia Fantastica are three of several terms applied by psychiatrists to the behavior of habitual or compulsive lying It has been defined as "falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime.
Lying is the act of concealing the truth [4]. Most people do so out of fear.[5] Pathological lying is considered a mental illness, because it takes over rational judgement and progresses into the fantasy world and back.[6]
Excessive lying is a common symptom of several mental illnesses. For instance people who suffer from antisocial personality disorder use lying to benefit from others. Some individuals with borderline personality disorder lie for attention by claiming they’ve been treated poorly.[7]Pathological lying, on the other hand, can be described as an addiction to lying. It is when an individual consistently lies for no personal gain. The lies are commonly transparent and often seem rather pointless.[8]
There are many consequences of being a pathological liar. Due to lack of trust, most pathological liar's relationships and friendships fail. If the disease continues to progress, lying could become so severe as to cause legal problems, including but not limited to fraud.[9]

Patient has been under treatment for six months. She refuses to be acknowledged by her name and shows averse reaction on being addressed such. The first two months were spent in trying to get her fixated on an identity. She has changed close to 1476 names and credentials since she has been assigned under my watch, Her most preferred name till date is Swati- a journalist. Enquiry is being conducted as to who was this person and how did she affect the patient. My assumptions have been recorded in the classified department journal. Further report will be compiled following 23. 6. 2026. I have scheduled a passive confrontation with the patient. Observations and tapes will be duly noted and recorded into the journal. 
Dr, Achyut Vardhan.
Assistant Senior Psychologist
National Institute of Psychological Studies.

Patient Status- Currently undergoing trial for murder of Dr. Achyut Vardhan. Suspended until further notice.
Case further referred to- Criminal Studies Department
Official Database Status- Closed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved it.

"Her most preferred name till date is Swati- a journalist. Enquiry is being conducted as to who was this person and how did she affect the patient"

Haha! My sister should TOTALLY read this.

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, the above comment-er...

~~ Bonal = )

Aneesh said...

oh fuck :o
i was reading this on my phone and my hand was shaking from the bottle breaking right upto the comment by bonal.
amazing would be an understatement.

Baba Vaniteshwar said...

Holy shit man.

Remya said...

Haha! Err...that's kind of the reason why she was the first one I sent it to. But you know journalists.. Eh. ;)
Dekha, maine tere comment ka reply kar diya B)

Remya said...

My my, I don't think I've ever received sucha strong reaction on any of my works. Overacting ki shop hai tu.
But if all that actually did happen, then I'm honored. I'm glad you liked it, bro. Hastalavista :)

Remya said...

Yo yo yo V. Gizzy.. Glad you liked it!
Muchos love, babe =)