Saturday, August 20, 2011

I've wanted to write about this from a long time. Because I wanted you to know, how sometimes memories just get imprinted and never leave.

Practices for Cloudburst were going on. Regular readers pf the blog must have read my rants on it. And Delhi, for some reason, this July and August has had the most romantic weather ever. The clouds hang low, they're a soothing grey or clear blue. The rains sneak in like a quiet child who jut got his math results and creates a hoopla when no one expects it. The trees, grass and the world can never get greener  than this and there's a constant breeze that swirls around.
That, is why, I'm kind of in an irreversible romantic complicated situation with Delhi. It never fails to surprise me.

So I was standing, right outside the music room which is in a basement, and I had come out of it in my socks, without my shoes on because it would've taken too much effort to take them off when we went back to practice in the basement.
By the way-  I'm extremely short, which gives me the rights to be silly.

So I walked upstairs And I stood at the doorway, when two of my friends joined me- Vimarsh and someone else who I seem to be forgetting. It was raining cats and dogs, so I couldn't walk barefoot.
I was looking for Srimanta, Anish, Atish- just anybody I could lay my eyes on. When Vimarsh and the other person (whoever it is) saw my little feet and compared it with theirs..they started with their favorite topic- Just how amazingly short and petite am I.
Saale.
So they were laughing, and I kept on insisting in vain that I wanted to go to the Canteen to look for my friends, and how I needed shoes, and how I wouldn't go back and put my own on. When Vimarsh's younger brother- Utkarsh, someone who I hadn't really thought of much till that day, came to say a "Hi" to me.

And this is what happened-
Me- "Utkarsh man, do you know Srimanta or Anish or Atish..any of them?"
Utkarsh- "The seniors? Yeah. Er.. by the way, I don't know if you've noticed, but you seem to have forgotten your shoes"
Me(laughing)- "Yeah, I did notice.Do you think you could go call them? I don't have my shoes, your brother is a moron and he wont give me his. And I really wanted to go and talk to the guys."

Just that moment, without a second's hesitation, Utkarsh takes his shoes off, and gives them to me.
And I look at him, disoriented while he goes, "Here. Go talk to them. I'll walk with you"
And while I wore his extra large shoes that seemed like clown shoes on my feet, he walked next to me in the downpour till I met my friends and then let me wear it all the way back to the basement (to my utmost guilt.)
Cute kid, I hope he stays that way.

I don't know if you've noticed people, but that has to be one of the most amazing things that has happened to me in a long time.

Love :)

2 comments:

KN. said...

That was like one of the sweetest things possible. Such things happen with every one of but we hardly pay attention to people who actually care for us. :)

A good read. I had to comment before but couldn't cause my net got busted but this writing imprinted something on my mind and i kept remembering that i HAD to praise it.

Beautiful. :)

Remya said...

Komal, your praises from dear old Pakistan inflate my head every single day ;)
And yes, it was one of the most beautiful things ever. Duuuuuuuuuude, i love your presence in my blog ^_^