Friday, May 6, 2011

This too shall pass.

The May penumbra plays
the ingĂ©nue.
She hides, she glows, she hides again
behind the clouds.

I sit with you, the book
in my hand, skipping the words
reading the Gossamer strands
of your hair instead.

Are you unhappy, my love?
Your summery fragrance numbs
gradually,
as a tear rolls down your cheek.

"What happened?" I ask
and you, the wonderful pastiche,
shake your head in silent pain.

"We will grow old, one day!"
you cry in curious childlike, woebegone
tone, my love.
How do I stop my laughter?

I smile and let your lissome head rest
on my shoulders.
I repeat what my mind has said.
Dalia, dear darling, you can never age
in my eyes.

The world is evanescent.
We should laugh
as this, too, shall pass.


2 comments:

Thousif Raza said...

you always had the power to stir emotions with ur words.. n with this poem, you show ur strength of how talented n beautiful u can write n make us feel the same way...

thank you remya for such a beautiful poem... u make me realize how big a fool i was for skipping blogging n not reading post of such a talented writer :), thank you


n s this punk is back on the blogging horse, u r heroines in the story i have written for my current post... cu son :0


take care and keep writing....always :)

Anonymous said...

That one..really made me think for a while..... you have described the picture with ur words, its beautiful and the impression surely stays on my mind!
i loved the way u portrayed the innocent.

keep writing!