Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Asphodels of Dawn

(Asphodel- n. Greek legend the asphodel is the one of the most famous of the plants connected with the dead and the underworld. Homer describes it as covering the great meadow the haunt of the dead. It was planted on graves. Its general connection with death is due no doubt to the greyish colour of its leaves and its yellowish flowers, which suggest the gloom and pallor of death.)

ASPHODELS OF DAWN

I lie in wake
of a summer rise
and the dews of my past
buried undead inside me.

Thou cover'd my breath
with a rush of asphodels
yellow 'neath the early sky.

I fawn upon thee, my lost,
haunting the darkest of hour
reigniting, a solace forgotten.
I awake thy sadness in the ungodly night,
apologize, I do.

I lie awake
in a meadow of asphodels
stretching out in the vast greens
of a never ending tale
that started with a cry
ended with a tomb of memories.

I watch in silence,
the sun approach
me as the asphodels dance,
to the tunes of the wind.
Dawn is behind,.
now sleep I shall,
try, I shall today.
As the asphodels shade my sight,
I succumb to the beginning of day.




4 comments:

Vaniteshwar said...

WOW.

p.s i love the new look:)

nil said...

Your best. Till date.

Remya said...

@Vanta- Thank you! I knowww! Aren't elephants the CUTEST? ^_^


@Bongo0 The effect is kind of wary.. its the 2nd time I'm hearing it back-to-back. Start being mean.
:\

nil said...

You're a piece of shit who needs to go shit her sad ass off at the foothills of himalaya. STOP writing, you're killing us.



Lol, JK.
xD