Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ephemeral Fantasies.

The silver limbed mannequins
spoke to me,
told me of a thousand places
where I could be.

Where I'm now,
with fairies and sequins,
butterflies and bees,
hanging so low from the ceiling.
Take me to a place where reality
didn't kill the fantasy of life.

I sit numbed, lost in
the scenes of time,
flashing past me, all my dreams
 from last night.
Carrying the innocence of my past,
the longings of today
the hopes of tomorrow
and the passion that never fades.

There's a too flashy,
too simple,
and somewhere in between.
Take a choice, my beautiful,
or is there any choice in reality?
We're all prisoners of fate,
chained in destiny,
we try to live for today.
Alas, today is nothing
but an ephemeral fantasy.

1 comment:

Charu said...

Beautiful, evocative and thought provoking. It read simply and I enjoyed it, cheers :)