Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Loner's welcome.

Happy New Year seems to be the simple way to get started on the first post of any year.
So even if you bother asking "what up, man?" after the New Year greetings, I will meet you with a pure blank expression stamped on my face because I'm in too much of a haze these days.
It's a foggy start. Aye, it is.

All those calls, texts and wishes to answer and then to wish those who were unceremonious enough to have forgotten to wish you.

I camped in Chandni Chowk today- nobody knew. Probably one or two friends. Yeah, dad would've gone into a cardiac arrest if he got to know that I took a bus to a metro station, took the metro, changed lines at Rajiv Chowk, stayed in Chandni Chowk for 4 whole hours and did the same on the way back- all by myself.
But on second thoughts, after having that cardiac arrest, he'd probably feel proud.
So No. I'm not telling him this anytime soon.

And while I'm at it, the one thing that I learnt was a thought- I like to be a loner. I like to think alone, be alone. Being a loner feels good. It's as if you're drugged.

Welcome 2011. You seem like a fat year, but you gave me a beautiful epiphany.

5 comments:

mia999 said...

"And while I'm at it, the one thing that I learnt was a thought- I like to be a loner. I like to think alone, be alone. Being a loner feels good."

I have never heard anyone say that, and I strongly agree!!

I already tried to comment once already. I seem to have a hard time commenting on your posts.

Remya said...

Mia!
Commenting? Tell me about it :|
I can't even gain access into your blog, man.
And Happy New Year! :)
Could you send me that reader's invite to your blog again, please?
Take good care :)

SOUMYA said...

Happy New Year Loner!!!
Hope this year will be creatively fulfilling for you!!!

nil said...

Damn I'm so proud of you! I've done the same.. not exactly alone. But I know how it feels. Old delhi does that to you :-)
Let's you and I go sometime, yeah? just retarding. That should be fun..
you game?

and ey being a loner is awesome, at times.I have to agree :-)

Remya said...

@Soumya: Hi, love!
Happy New Year to you too :P
I hope this year will be geekishly fulfilling to you too ;p)
Love you loads, sis :)

@Bongo: We'll camp. Aye, we will. ^_^