Saturday, December 25, 2010

Fiction55: The Never Ending Wait.

"They say Santa rides across the skies every midnight of Christmas. And the one, who catches him at it, becomes his favorite." The elder one whispered.

I had held her hand with awe, gazing at the velvet night sky and praying with all my soul.
__________________________________________________________

I rest my head on the window sill and wait the way I have for every Christmas midnight of the past 2 decades.
I wait to become his favorite.

4 comments:

Thousif Raza said...

this has the childhood innocence... that screams out purity... it speaks abt passion commitment... ambition... faith, trust, hope, god so many thins... if u were here rgt now... i would have hugged u for writing this.... ;) (my gf will kill me :P) but still... remya... loved all of the above..... superb work :)

take care and keep writing.........

Remya said...

Thank you. As it happens to be my favorite one of all the above, thanks for commenting :)

SOUMYA said...

seems like this one came from the heart!!!
hope dad is not the Santa cuz whatever happens i will be his favourite!!!
;D
CHEERS

Charu said...

Sweet. And perfect timing. Hope you had a merry Christmas too :)