Monday, March 15, 2010

Untitled Poem.

It started from being an absolutely unwanted scribble on the back of my Chemistry Register. Now I have no name for it. So you guys, after reading it, if you get any brilliant ideas on how to name it.. Dites-moi. J'attenderai.


The freshness of the dew,
The sparkle in a gem,
Thou art the courage in the breast of a soldier,

The glory that people dream of,
The lost sheen of fame,
The faded memory of the last tiger
Thou art all that is to lose, all there is to gain.

The fear of cowards.
Thou make the sky bend at thy doorstep.
You make the pelican do what it does.
You encompass the world in your shield.

Thou art the tear, the hope,
in the heart of a mother.
The trust, the thick swath of adoration,
the smile on the lips of a child,
Thou art the care, the affection
the admiration of a sister.

In the unspoken fantasies, in the dreams
Thou art in the promises of a lover.
You are everywhere around me,
tell me why so selfless?

But thou art selfish too,
in the disguise of those who have love for themselves.
Thou art selfish, mais oui,
In the disguise of those who love,
as they only care for those whom they love,
nobody else.

A burden, a boon,
what do I call thee?
What do I call thee, love?
What do I call thee...?

11 comments:

Thousif Raza said...

its beautiful, more than what emotions can potray, thou remya, through your words, you say... continue...continue.. till you reach that etarnal bliss.. to be taken over, by fantasy, or the obvious, the truth :)

i too cant think of a name... but its really nice(couple of words i dint understnsnd :P, but still ;))
its awesome

take care and keep writing...........

Ally said...

It’s a lovely piece of writing. Thank you soo much for visiting my blog. I'd love to see you more often :)

Charu said...

Wow remya, wow.
I've often thought of writing as something that has many abilities. One of them is that it can wrap us in a kind of dream. I've felt it many times, and this is one of them.
Naming it felt like a bit like a challenge at first, but later you kind of get lost in the words themselves, surmises and your own imagination. It encompasses such a wide range of things that finding an equally wide-ranging name could be hard.
It'll take time to name it, but if we persevere, I'm sure we can think of something. In the meantime, me and all your readers just have to feel glad that you decided to elaborate on that 'unwanted scribble'.
But in the end, named or not, it's BEAUTIFUL.

Remya said...

@Thousif: Thanks Thousif, that was a truly memorable comment :)
Thank you, take care :)

@Ally: Heyy..Funnily, I'd just opened your blog on the other tab ;)

@Charu: You know the one thing a writer desires is that the reader tries to put himself into the writer's shoes and see the content of the writing from his eyes, and you alwas do that. Thank you so much :D
Take care..

Charu said...

You're very welcome. Glad to be of service somewhere ;)

By the way, I thought that you would be following my little series? That's 3 parts without your and Nil's comments. Drop by when you have time, I love getting your and Nil's feedback. And best of luck for English !

what i would have worn... said...

Just beautiful! I would go for a simple title. How about just: “What do I call thee?”

nil said...

You know how I feel about this one,too :)

Remya said...

@Charu: Sorry..I promise I'll catch up with your series after boards...I need a more serious attitude while reading your stuff, which I'll get, only by April :|

@Ally: Youi know what?...You win..Your suggestion taken :)

@Bongz: Yes, ofcourse.

Ally said...

Oh I got you as my new follower!! it feels so good :) :D welcome, you are a part of my family now ;)

nil said...

go read my blog.
you won an award :)

Remya said...

@Ally - :)

@Nil: yup..on my way...:D