Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Fall of An Angel.

You take them to be your idol. Until you finally find their flaws.



THE FALL OF AN ANGEL.


Dedicated to you, whom I admired till yesterday.





I devoured your voice,
as fresh as the morning dew on a blade of green grass,
until it struck me that it is the voice of a common man.

I used to be awestruck at your thoughts,
as bright as the first rays of sun,
until it occurred to me that these were thoughts that often crossed my own mind.



I cherished your memories,
like the remnants of a life forgotten,
until I realized that I had my own share of them too.



I admired your zeal, your passion,
I admired your power, your strength
until I found mine.



I blushed at your compliments,
glowed at your admiration,
until I came across many who did the same.



I was thrilled at your acceptance of me
until the excitement wore off..

My heart fluttered, pulsated at your name.
until time made me mature.


You had an aura that was infallible
a dignity that overwhelmed
a poise to be respected,
the actions to be revered,
until I learnt of your flaws.



You were a marvel, a wonder,
an astonishment, you were a mystery to me.
Until now, when you finally made sense.



I worshipped you like an idol,
now I'll confront you as a human being.

Now to my eyes,
you're a mortal with your own faults, imperfections.

You have fallen, my angel.
You no longer amaze me.

12 comments:

The Bald Guy said...

Gosh you're amazing!

The Bald Guy said...

I cherished your memories,
like the remnants of a life forgotten,
until I realized that I had my own share of them too.


Love these lines! :)

Remya said...

Hey..you know surprisingly I was hoping that those would be well-received lines.
Thank god about that.
:D

Vintage Obsession said...

i dont know if the post has a context but i love the post. have experienced something very similar feeling

Charu said...

Oh WOW.
I have no words at all.
I can't think of a single compliment to give to THAT.
The fall of an angel...seems to show the path and cycle of life. The things we must force ourselves to accept.
The rhythm, the pace, the revelations...very, very, very impressive.
You most DEFINITELY have a long way to go. How far...only you know.
I can't even tell you my favourite lines, I like the whole thing.
So beautiful girl, seriously.

Remya said...

@Smriti: Yes, it very much has a context...I experienced the feelings at 2:00.a.m in the morning though..that was the only difference... ;-)
Thanks...

@Charu: Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :)

SOUMYA said...

don't know who u were thinking about whn u wrote dis!!!
it was good bt i didnt quite follow the chain of thoughts...

Ally said...

Wow. That was breathtakingly beautiful yet sad. :)

Remya said...

@Soumya: Umm..yeah...try bothering to pick up my calls..then I think I might make u understand...:|

@Ally : yes, I was aiming to give it an element of melancholy.. :)

nil said...

Wow.
The title,was brilliant.
The writing. Wow.

"you were a mystery to me.
Until now, when you finally made sense."

"Now to my eyes,
you're a mortal with your own faults, imperfections.

You have fallen, my angel.
You no longer amaze me."


Wow.

Remya said...

Thannnk 'u :)

Dew drops said...

WOW is my word for u... u write awesome...made great sense to me...wow again!